Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Moving Day >:[

Well I got moved in tonight. I am fficial living with my mom again at the age of 30. But it almost did not happen today.

My work schedule has been so odd the last couple of weks, so I had not realized Thursday Night that I had not contacted anyone to help me move. I mean everyone knew I was going to move but I was realy only counting on one person to need to help me.

Unfortunately Matt hut his back pretty bad, so Jeff had to stay with him. Josiah hd to work, as well as Jesse. So here it was 11:30 p.m. Friday night and I had no one to help me move.

Josiah said he was going to call Brian and Phil to see if they would help. If not it was no big deal because I had moved myself in, I could move myself out. So I schduled myslelf a Uhaul truck, 10 footer as the diagram blow shows.



The website said it was the right size to move an Apartment. Nothin specific, and really I had nothing realy huge besides my bed that needed moving. I had not much furnature either.

So I placed my order and got my confirmation email.



Now you can clearly see that my reservation date is for 06/16/07. So I was shocked and appalled that when I got there this morning that they have me down as picking up a truck tomorrow. Now Look, how does something this important happen. But I digress. So Brian and I are stuck. He needed help to move a couch and queen sized bed, and offered to share me the cost of said uhaul.

I went off on this guy, especialy when he tied to say I must have put in the wrong date on the computer. He did not even offer to call another Uhaul place and try to get me a truck. He told me the best he could do was he had one coming back at 3. Its 10 in the morning I was frickin hoping to be done by 3. We told him fine. Whatever. We would be back.

We were half way back to my apartment when we kind of got lost on some side streets. And Brian not being from around here, we just happened to pas a small Box Shoppe,and seen a Uhaul pulling out.

We stopped to check if they had anything. I had not much hope. Oh yee of Little Faith. They had one truck. Let me take that back, They had one Air craft carrier they could rent out.

Meet Big Daddy...



The 26' Uhaul. And Guess who had to drive it. Thats right me, til Phil arived to help. I have never driven anything bigger than a pick up truck. And I drove... or should I say navigated this thing all the way to Brian. Bran was not impresed with my road skills, and he looked like he was going to hurl any minute.

We got everything moved. We were done by 3:30 So I was only off by about 30 minutes.

But the moral of this story is this. If you have to move, call Uhaul and make the reservation don't trust the internet for important things like this.

Anyway, Have a good day.

Robert

PS Thank you for the help Brian and Phil, and Josiah thanks for helping bring the team together.
 
posted by Hendersonman at 8:13 PM, |

0 Comments: