Monday, December 31, 2007

Tip

Last night the guys and I went out to eat at Haceinda. This is a normal Josiah thing to do. I think it is only one of the three resteraunts he will eat at left in town. Jesse even came even though he does not like Hacendia all that much.

Our waitress was very nice. In fact she was very friendly towards me. No I am not stupid. I get the whole thing, its all for tip money. They cut the short fat and slow one from the heard.

As lunch went on. It did seem she was getting even more friendly. Josiah and Phil started pointing this out. Putting her hand on my shoulder. Rubbing my back, she even playful bumped me with her hips like 4 times in a row.

Jesse and I got it. But Josiah and Phil were thinking more was going on.

Josiah: Rob, do you want us to find out how she is. I will order a drink, if she brings it out, she is 21.

Me: Whatever, guys she is just fliring with me to get a better tip

5 minutes later

Josiah: Yes I want an (alcholic drink) please.

Drink Arrives.

Josiah: Thank You

Phil: So I guess that means you are at least 21.

Her: No, I turn 21 in 13 days

Phil: Well least you know when her birthday is

Subtle guys, subtle. LOL

Before the end of the lunch Jesse started to think she was in to me. The questions came up, would you date her, do you think she is cute, do you want me to leave your phone number on a piece of paper. Yes, Yes, thats okay she is only after a tip guys, Were my responses.

So the last five minutes we are there, Jesse is the only one who works in the important question.

Jesse: So you doing anything special for your 21st Birthday
Her: Not really, maybe go out to a bar
Jesse: Will your boyfriend be going with you.
Her: (I did not hear exactly what she said, Jesse said she had a boyfriend, I heard they broke up two days ago. I will go with Jesse since he was the one actually talking to her.

Phil, had come up with a wonderful idea. He took her picture with the camera phone. I was not sure And heacted like he could not find it to show her. (She wanted to see it). What I did not realize til it was too late. Phil was actually showingher my phone. Yes... he was giving the girl my phone number while I had no clue as to what was going on.

She then asked me for my name, I gave it, and then she was confused because she thought Phil's name was Robert also. (I think she thought Phil was giving out his phone number) I think before it was all over she understood what Phil was trying to do. I found out too late.

She did tell us to ask for her again, or come in during the evening when she is working or blah blah blah. I was a little embarrased. But not like super embarrased, more like comedy embarrased. Where i could have cared eithier way. I think I was a little red by the time we left.

She has a boyfriend I kept trying to explain, but I got the... Oh she maybe looking to dump him. I told them I could not take her awayfrom someone else even if she was genuinely interested.

I did learn something though. I really miss that female contact. I hate to say this, but the way she touched me was kind of intimate.. not in a dirty way. But I have not had a women touch me like that since I was married, and I realized how much I missed it.

Anyway. The moral of the story. Please tip the desperate watiress, so the next poor broken hearted guy does not rad to much into it.

Later
Robert
 
posted by Hendersonman at 7:37 AM, |

1 Comments:

Cute story...but you never know what may come of it either.
Happy New Year, Robert, and I hope it truly is a good year for you.