Saturday, August 25, 2007

Laptops, Friends, and Honor

Hey guys, thought I would send a quick shout out to everyone on here. Its been one of those weeks.

On Sunday, my new laptop that is only three months old, took a swan dive out of my hands when i was getting up. The cable was wedged under a closed cabinet door, and when I stood up, the cord had no give. And neither did the ac adapted, there was a ripping from the inside of the comnputer. So it will no long charge.

I looked for a number for Acer computers, and guess what. They dont list one. The only way that they talk to you is you have to email them and wait 3-4 days for a response.

This happened Monday, I did not get an email back til Friday. And there response was, take it back to best buy. And best buys response, we will send it to Acer, it is under warrenty and they will fix it. So I have no clue how long that will take. :(

Well there was a big blow up on Sunday. (the Monday post i made this week was actually written on Sunday, but did not get posted til Monday because of the screwed up laptop)

When I went over there on Sunday, i did not want to talk about mel getting her feelings hurt, and I was still upset that m Said "It was nice to meet you, we heard all about you, especially how you slept with Rob on the first date... Just Kidding" So i was not going to discuss it, because we all know it does not do any good to talk to m about such things because he never believes he is in the wrong.

So he sits there and ask me, "So how much did you have to pay her to come over here?" And let a fake little laugh.

"Nothing, but I dont think she will ever come back." Now she never told me this, but i was planning on never bringing her around them again. I was insulted, because she is a sweet, caring beautiful person. And the fact that I told them on several occassions not to make any kind of sex joke or something towards her.

m asked "Why?"

I responded. "Gee I dont know why she would want to come back, J called her stupid and you basically called her a Whore."

J started saying he was not calling her stupid, he was insulting the other girl. Now tell me how, "Wow and you guys used to make fun of V". I explined to him again that she is a sensative person, and her feelings were hurt. ( i mean how would you feel if people were making fun of you, calling you stupid, right in front of your face and you only met them twice in your life)

Then m tried to jump in to defend j. And i told him, "And you pissed me off with your comment" and he responded with the just kidding. Then he went into his little rant.

"The reason why i let you guys over here is because you guys are not easily offended, and if she cant deal with it well she needs to get over it."

I responded, "It was not her that was offended about your little joke. You offended me with it"

"Well then you need to get over it. This is my house and it was only a joke."

I shut up, did not say another word to them about, and then everyone went to go watch a movie. As we are leaving i told another of the group. "my game is being cancelled, I am not coming back."

I was told that, "I dont blame you" and I left.

Does anyone think i was in the wrong here.

I care about Mel, I think about her a hundred time a day. I would spend all my free time with her if i could, At no time have i ever thought she was stupid. And the fact, all he had to say was, I am sorry, instead he again says my feelings are not important, and that its his rules, like a 7 year old kid at a slumber party, my house and you are going to do what i say.

This is not the first time he has pulled this kind of crap. So i am done, I am out. this is my honor. I feel someone I care about was insulted. And the worst part is she had to suffer through what was supposed to be a happy time for her to meet the rest of my friends she had not, and then fact that he was the one that wanted to meet her so bad.

I will pertect Mel from anything i can. It is my duty as her friend. I honor her, and this was the upmost of dishonor. And when I seen he was not going to ever think he was wrong i wash my hands of the whole mess.

The rest of the group knows what is going on, and I have no ill feelings to them if they continue to hang around him. But i will not.

Anyway i just wanted to get it off my chest. Mel should have never been insulted, and i feel bad because i put her in that situation

Anyway going to run. i will update everyone on the laptop situation.
 
posted by Hendersonman at 4:16 PM, |

1 Comments:

Sorry about the laptop but I am sure they will fix it like new.
Now about the other situation...with a 'friend' like him, who needs friends? You were right in every aspect. and I would not want to be around someone like that either, especially when he said the things he did. He embarrassed you and that was totally unnecessary. I say, stand up for your rights, do the honorable thing, and stay the heck away from that dude.