Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The One About The Run Away Car

Did you ever have that dream. The one where you are sitting in a car, and it takes off, and no matter what you do, you can not stop it. And you wake up and you are so relieved its a dream...

Now imagine that horrible experience, and then imagine you are not imagineing it... Welcome to my Sunday night Kids...

You see, I stopped by Matt and Jeff's house Sunday night. I left fairly early, because I was just exhausted. Mel and I stayed up til 2 in the morning on Saturday night, after you take into effect Daylight Savings Time.

As soon as I left there house and pulled out on my drive to my mom's to do laundry, my car starts to act funny. It start to rev up a little bit, and then stop. At first I thought it was the guy in front of me pealing out in the GT... then I reaize the car is trying to move forward as I have the break down.

It was annoying at first but I was thinking it would work itself out.

Kids, if your car starts acting like Herbie, get out and call someone, your car is about to become a death trap.

It kept getting worse, when all of a sudden, the engine revs loud and high, I take off like a bat out of hell. To avoid an accident I turn right at a stop light and find myself hurtling to a construction zone. I hit the brakes... Nothing

I know have orange barrels on eithier side of me, and I am going so fast between, that they break off both of my side mirrors. I Step on the brakes with all my might still nothing...

I realize that in front of me is a road closed sign, and behind it stakced in a neat pile is about 5 steel girders...

Ford taurus Station Wagon going 50+MPH.... Steel Girders... Who you got?

I said my prayers, I think it went something like this. "I am finally getting my life in order, the girl at the ank is dating me, and now you choose the time to kill me. Please Lord don't"

In answer I realized I had just enough time to throw the car into park while its moving which slows me down a little bit, and I whip the car through another red light going left, and pull off into another construction zone, when my car starts smoking. I kill the engine.

Jeff comes to pick me up, and I have a tow truck get my car, I am sure it is toast. I checked the engine, my radiator hoses were disconected and that spill antifreeze on my engine causing the smoke.

I found out later what caused it all. The wire that runs my cruise control to my engine disconected... Causing Herbie to think he was on cruise control, and I wanted him to go Faster.

Anyway in the process, the motor mounts buckled and cause the hose problem. It cost us 515 to fix. I still think the car is worth it. But I am on the road again.

Melanie told me if i needed a ride anywhere to let her know. Her mom also gave me the same offer, how cool is that. Not only is she sticking out her neck for me, but her mom told me that if Mel cant do it, she can. I started to cry when she told me that. I am just glad it was typing over the internet so she could not see me cry.

We have started talking on the phone more lately, I thik she wanted me to truly make the first phone call. We can talk for hours. I like that a lot. Plus she usually comes over ever Saturday.

She really is one in a million.

She also did not like to think about my car experince, she told me she does want to think about what could have happened.

Well Anyway everyone have a good night

Robert

Labels: ,

 
posted by Hendersonman at 4:27 PM, |

3 Comments:

Yikes!!! I had goose bumps when I read all of that! Thank God you are ok - you have some much more life to experience :)
Yikes!!! I had goose bumps when I read all of that! Thank God you are ok - you have some much more life to experience :)
I'm glad you are OK. Aren't you glad that you avoided the urge to drop it in N and let the engine blow? That would have been much more than $515.